Application guidance notes - Vehicle dropped crossing (S184)


Owners of a property who want to regularly drive over a footpath or verge with a vehicle must apply to have a properly constructed crossing at their own expense. A vehicle crossing usually requires the kerb-line to be lowered.

Please read this page carefully before applying as incorrect submissions may result in your application being rejected and an admin fee will be charged for processing it.

If you are seeking to either have a new dropped crossing,or alter/repair an existing crossing you must complete a new licence application.