Temporary pothole repairs
We endeavour to fix all repairs first time, at a time no longer than 28 days. But when we do carry out temporary repairs this is because it is not possible to carry out a permanent repair straightaway. This could be because:
- if there is an underlying problem with the road surface which needs to be investigated.
- it is too wet or cold for permanent repair material to adhere properly;
- the team need to close part of the road to carry out the repair safely;
- special materials need to be ordered to carry out the permanent repair;
- there is a large scale repair scheme planned later in the year and it would make sense to carry out the permanent repair as part of this scheme
In all cases, the team will make the area safe and return at a later date to complete a permanent repair.