Specification of post and installation
Passively safe posts are designed to reduce the risk of injury should an accident occur. Posts recommended by us are manufactured by Glasdon UK. Post must be installed as per manufacturer instructions and guidelines as well as adhering to the following conditions:
- Posts must be installed a minimum of 450mm from edge of carriageway (excluding kerbstones)
- Not less than 300 mm of each posts shall be below ground level
- The maximum height above ground level 1200mm
- The minimum height above 500mm
- Reflective strips not colour bands are required the top of each post.
- Where holes are provided at the base of a posts you are advised to insert a projecting dowel to deter theft or vandalism.