Privacy Notices - Newsletter and Email Alert Subscribers
This privacy notice covers subscribers to East Sussex Highways newsletter and Email Alert service.
East Sussex Highways takes data protection seriously. Please be assured that your information will be used appropriately in line with data protection legislation, will be stored securely and will not be processed unless the requirements for fair and lawful processing can be met.
What information is being used?
In order to provide the service and email you copies of the newsletter or alerts you will need to provide an email address. You may also choose to provide your name.
How will your information be used?
Your email address will be used to send you copies of the East Sussex Highways newsletter or email alerts (depending which service you have signed up to). Your name will be used to personalise the emails you receive.
We aim to maintain high standards, adopt best practice for our record keeping and regularly check and report on how we are doing. Your information is never sold for direct marketing purposes.
Our staff are trained to handle your information correctly and protect your confidentiality and privacy.
Your information is processed in the UK or in a country with an adequacy agreement with the UK.
What is the legal basis for processing your information?
Your consent will be requested to process your data when you first sign up to receive newsletters.
How long will your information will be kept for?
We will keep your data until:
- you unsubscribe or let us know that you no longer wish to be a member
- we no longer send out newsletters or email alerts
Sharing your information
Your data will only be used by East Sussex Highways for the purposes of sending you newsletters or email alerts. It will not be shared with anyone else.
Any sharing of personal data within the organisation is always made:
- on case-by-case basis
- using the minimum personal data necessary
- with the appropriate security controls in place
- in line with legislation.
Information is only shared with those who have a "need to know" or where you have consented to the sharing of your personal data to such persons.
We may use the information we hold about you to assist in the detection and prevention of crime or fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies that inspect and manage public funds.
Use of third party organisations
East Sussex Highways uses a trusted third party organisation to process your data on our behalf to enable us to provide the service. Any organisation commissioned by the Council will be under contractual obligation to comply with data protection legislation.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed why, where and how we use your information
- to ask for access to your information
- to ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it
- to ask us to restrict the use of your information
- to ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information
- to object to how your information is used
- to challenge any decisions made without human intervention (automated decision making)
You can find out more about your rights on the East Sussex County Council website or contact the East Sussex County Council Customer Team (details below).
How to find out more or to complain
East Sussex Highways is part of East Sussex County Council. You can find out more information about data protection on the East Sussex County Council website.
Should you have any further queries on the uses of your information, please speak to our Highways Customer Team on 0345 60 80 193, email: email@example.com or write to: East Sussex Highways, Ringmer Depot, The Broyle, East Sussex, BN8 5NP
To request a copy of your information or make a complaint, please contact the East Sussex County Council Customer Team online, phone 01273 482913 or write to: Customer Services Team, East Sussex County Council, W1D, County Hall, St Anne’s Crescent, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1UE.